Some of Alan's views on this digital marketing malarkey ... there's more on: AlanCharlesworth.com

Monday, April 9, 2007

bad pop-up practice

I was playing around looking at the availability of some domain names. One I looked for was alancharlesworth.com - which came up as being registered. So I typed the URL into my browser, and was taken to the name's 'free customer holding page' for uk2.net [from the whois info I think uk2.net have registered this name themselves, but I could be wrong].

When I clicked on my browser's back button to return to the whois page the action triggered the opening of six [yes 6] new browsers each featuring a service offered by uk2. Just to check, I repeated the exercise - and yup, another six.

Hello uk2, do you really think I will be going back to you to register a domain name - or any other online service - when you shoot your credibility in the foot by using such dubious [and annoying] online marketing tactics?

No comments:

Post a Comment