Some of Alan's views on this digital marketing malarkey ... there's more on: AlanCharlesworth.com

Thursday, March 11, 2010

it might be yourspace ... but it's not myspace

I got an email from myspace:
Now, I rarely use myspace, but I do have a page, so I thought this might be an important announcement - or perhaps someone trying to contact me. So I clicked on the 'read the full message' link - expecting it to open within the email. But no, it opened a browser with a myspacepage. This one:
So here's the thing. myspace's marketers know quite a bit about me from my registration with them and my activity on their site. They know, for example, that I am a 50-something University lecturer. Apart from anything else I suspect that rules me out of the target demographic for a chat with Steel Panther.

Hello myspace's marketers, guess what I'll be doing with the next email you send me?

No comments:

Post a Comment