Some of Alan's views on this digital marketing malarkey ... there's more on: AlanCharlesworth.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

elephants and double glazing?

For reasons I won't go into, I was looking for a line from the film 'The Elephant Man' and came across this site. Let's ignore the fact that a website about quotes in films had no quotes from this film - take a look at the ads on the right.
Now ... AdSense is meant to serve up ads that are in sync with the content of the web page - but can you find a connection between anything on this page and windows or double glazing? And - in case you are wondering - no, I haven't been searching for, or looking at, double glazing websites in the recent past [Google tracks your web usage to deliver 'relevant' ads].

1 comment:

  1. God, as good their ads work through tracking (That is actually impresses me all the time), these examples make me wonder why they don’t change it.

    Am cleaning all my online private data almost once per week so always once per week I have to see ads such us: buy a BMW (to be honest If I could I would) or buy online what? ... Biscuits, Traditional Greek biscuits online, and both of these ads are on a website with target 18-25 Y.O men and the website is all about football, traditional biscuits on a football website.

    Let’s hope and wait for the change. With the chance, congratulations for the CIM conference Mr. Alan.

    ReplyDelete