Some of Alan's views on this digital marketing malarkey ... there's more on: AlanCharlesworth.com

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Not just access to my data ...

I bought something on Argos.co.uk - and on the 'purchase complete' page, I saw this ...


I have to admit that I didn't realise it was an ad - I assumed it was a promotion from Argos - but when I clicked on the banner I got this message, which made it obvious that it was from a third party.


As I use Chrome, it seemed like a good deal, so I clicked on 'activate coupons', and got this ...


So I then clicked on the 'add to Chrome' link and got this



Really? Allow 'Piggy' to read and change all of my data on every website I might visit in the future? 

Change it to what? For what purpose? The mind boggles.  

Need I add that I hit 'cancel'.

No comments:

Post a Comment