Some of Alan's views on this digital marketing malarkey ... there's more on: AlanCharlesworth.com

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Roamers get it right

Purveyors of desert boots, Roamers, have put some thought into their e-commerce site.

Here's a couple of things that I liked.

First there's a nice sales 'trick' - though I mean that in a positive way. Like most clothing, there is always the issue of size - is their size 10 really a 9? To address that issue - in sales we'd call it a barrier - for just a pound you can buy a returns label. On a 30-odd pounds product, that sounds like excellent insurance.


The second thing I liked was the out-of-stock message. It didn't end with the message, it offered to email me when they were in stock. The double whammy for Roamers with this is not only am I pleased at the service - they get my email address: that is ... the email address of someone who is actually interested in their products.



No comments:

Post a Comment