Some of Alan's views on this digital marketing malarkey ... there's more on: AlanCharlesworth.com

Friday, February 15, 2013

hardly a seemless connection from BT

OK ... I will start by making it clear that I have only praise for my home's BT Infinity connection to the Internet. However ...
 
I got an email which started:


And ended with:

And when I clicked on that link, and was taken to a page that started:




... and ended with:



So here's the thing. BT know whether or not I have Infinity. They know how long I have had the contract - so they know if I am eligible or not. They know where I live and so they know how fast my upgrade could be.
 
So why was I taken to a generic landing page that is [obviously] used for other promotions?
 
Why not send me an email that says 'we can improve your Internet access' with a link to a web page which tells me exactly what I will gain and how much it will cost?
 
The answer to all this is that when I followed the links I found out that my download speeds cannot be improved. My upload capacity can be improved - but BT will know I upload so very little I am nowhere close to my existing limits.
 
All in all, they have wasted their time and mine - and achieved no more than provide an entry for this blog. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment