These are some of my views on this digital marketing malarkey ... there's more on: AlanCharlesworth.com

Over the years – as you can see – I’ve added to this blog only sporadically. I decided to leave all the old posts ‘live’ as I think they can still be useful in helping folk understand digital marketing.

Oh ... and I write all of these entries myself. There's no AI used on this blog.

Enjoy 😊

Thursday, August 13, 2026

bias research - or just poor research?

I recently read a ‘paper’ on buyer behaviour and the impact of ai on that behaviour. One of the key questions was: ‘how often do you use ‘generative AI?’ Okay, hands up, how many of you can explain the difference between ai, generative ai and agentic ai? If you can, well done. If you can’t, how could you answer this question. 

Unless respondents had to define generative ai before answering - possible, but likely(?) - any findings drawn from the resulting data are deeply flawed. By deeply flawed, I mean useless. 

Unless, of course, the organisation doing the research is selling AI services and so might be biased in its conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment