These are some of my views on this digital marketing malarkey ... there's more on: AlanCharlesworth.com

Over the years – as you can see – I’ve added to this blog only sporadically. I decided to leave all the old posts ‘live’ as I think they can still be useful in helping folk understand digital marketing.

Oh ... and I write all of these entries myself. There's no AI used on this blog.

Enjoy 😊

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

pricing problems

This is an odd one that I'm going to put down to perhaps being a bit lazy [reusing an add originally developed for an EU country, and/or poor copy editing before it was released.

First off, the email image quotes prices in euros [I'm in the UK, we use pounds]. Hmmm, I thought, that might be a problem [ie it could be illegal as 25 euros is worth less than 25 pounds, so if the prices are in pounds there could be a case for 'bait-and-switch'].

So I clicked on the link to check - and got this ... 


Yep, the prices were in pounds - but they were from £14.99, not £24.99.

So the email message could have highlighted prices that were significantly lower - and so might have increased responses.

Update: Less than an hour later I got the same email but with the lead price in pounds not euros. But the landing page still had lower prices than the from headline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment