These are some of my views on this digital marketing malarkey ... there's more on: AlanCharlesworth.com

Over the years – as you can see – I’ve added to this blog only sporadically. I decided to leave all the old posts ‘live’ as I think they can still be useful in helping folk understand digital marketing.

Oh ... and I write all of these entries myself. There's no AI used on this blog.

Enjoy 😊

Thursday, August 6, 2026

wasted search ad money

The search was for a very specific type of  motorhome; the "Transit Duetto Autosleeper". In the result, the first two ads are for campervans - which are different to motorhomes - and none are for 'Transit', 'Duetto' or 'Autosleeper'.

So the search was refined, adding the make of the motorhome. "Ford Transit Duetto Autosleeper" produced the following  return ...


Yep, Ford have paid for an ad to be presented if any searcher used the words "Ford" and "Transit" - the ad being for a brand new Ford Transit van. Not a motorhome. And not one that was last produced in 2010 ie used not new.

Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment