These are some of my views on this digital marketing malarkey ... there's more on: AlanCharlesworth.com

Over the years – as you can see – I’ve added to this blog only sporadically. I decided to leave all the old posts ‘live’ as I think they can still be useful in helping folk understand digital marketing.

Oh ... and I write all of these entries myself. There's no AI used on this blog.

Enjoy 😊

Saturday, July 25, 2026

sorry i got the email you sent to someone else

I received this email on my email address - obviously it was for someone else with the same name. The footer on the email read:

"This message and any attached files are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is potentially personal and/or confidential and/or protected by applicable copyright law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that you have received it in error and are hereby notified that any dissemination, duplication, publication to third parties or other use, in whole or in part, of its content is expressly prohibited. You must immediately notify the sender of this fact, returning the message and deleting it from the respective system.

This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system."

Note the last sentence - this is what I received when I replied [informing the sender of the error]

"Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to resultados@xxxxxx.pt because the address couldn't be found or is unable to receive email."

Obviously written by the legal department, I find the whole thing offensive because it is instructing - and threatening - me over a mistake they have made. No 'please' or 'apologies for the inconvenience'. I'm not even sure the legal threats are valid. After all, they delivered the information to me. It is their fault - can they legally prevent me from using any information found in it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment