These are some of my views on this digital marketing malarkey ... there's more on: AlanCharlesworth.com

Over the years – as you can see – I’ve added to this blog only sporadically. I decided to leave all the old posts ‘live’ as I think they can still be useful in helping folk understand digital marketing.

Oh ... and I write all of these entries myself. There's no AI used on this blog.

Enjoy 😊

Friday, July 24, 2026

when the music is not your choice

I rarely use Spotify and so only use the free version - and I accept the ads that come with it. But the other day I had my Marvin Gaye playlist on ... and on came a track I didn't recognise as being on the playlist. Mr Gaye, definitely, but not from my playlist. A little investigation revealed that Spotify had decided to add this track to my playlist as a recommendation. Why? Am I supposed to buy it? Am I supposed to be grateful for being told about a track that I had - presumably - rejected for my Marvin Gaye list. All it did was annoy me and lower my opinion of the music service - and so reduce any chance there might have been of me opting for the paid version.



No comments:

Post a Comment